Pet Co. was founded by the investment of Industrial Development and Renovation Organization (IDRO) in Iran, based on the cabinet’s proposal which was ratified by the Islamic Parliament.
The company’s mission was designing and manufacturing mega pumps required by different industries including oil, gas, petrochemical industries, power plants, water and oil transmission lines,
supplying spare parts, monitoring installations and providing maintenance services. The company
also produces small and medium size hydro turbines. The factory which is located in Ghavamak
Industrial Zone in Tabriz in a 74000 square meter space became operational in 1999. The company
was transferred to SADID Industrial Group in 2008.
Pet Co. products and services could be categorized as follows:
- Standard processing pumps based on API
- Fire fighting packages in accordance with NFPA 20 standard
- Pumps in accordance with ISO standards
- Small and medium size water turbines up to 10 MW
- Micro water turbines: These turbines are designed to generate electricity from low volume water in the rural areas and are usually employed to generate up to 3000 KW
- Coupling: One of company’s byproducts used in many rotating machines.
- Supplying spare parts, maintenance and installation services, and product services, as well as satisfying the needs of these complexes to such services, and even supplying services to other manufacturers of pumps and turbines.
The company has accomplished numbers of projects and annually deals with running a good number of other projects. The most significant projects accomplished by the company are as follows:
- Manufacturing 23 horizontal double-suction cooling water electro pumps, each with a capacity of 5000CM/hand 72 m height for Maroon Petrochemical Co.
- Manufacturing 10 horizontal double-suction cooling water electro pumps, each with a capacity of 4185CM/hand 51.4 m height for Ilam Petrochemical Co.
- Manufacturing 9 horizontal double-suction cooling water electro pumps, each with a capacity of 4600CM/hand 60 m height for Arvand Petrochemical Co.
- Manufacturing 4 horizontal double-suction cooling water Ni-Resist electro pumps, each with a capacity of 8004CM/hand 45m height for Zagros Petrochemical Co.
- Manufacturing 2 vertical sea water Ni-Resist pumps, each with a capacity of 7,500 CM/h, 44m height, and 27 tons weight for Razi Petrochemical Co.( Two other pumps are under construction)
- Manufacturing 8 vertical spur water Electro pumps, each with the capacity of 10,800 CM/h and a height of 7 meters, and 8 horizontal waste water pumps, each with the capacity of 1,000 CM/h and a height of 30 meters for SadraCo.
- Manufacturing 8 horizontal double-suction Ni-Resist Brineelectro pumps, each with a capacity of 700 CM/h and 105 m height to explore and mobilize potash reserve.
- Manufacturing 34 turbo electro pumpsfor cooling towers of combined cycle power plants, each with the capacity of 10,000 to 20,000 CM/h and 27 to 37m height for Mapna Co. (under construction)
- Manufacturing 1 horizontal double-suction cooling water electro pumps, with the capacity of 3800CM/ hand 56 m height for Fajr Petrochemical Co. (under construction & in cooperation with Dubai)
- Executing the required operations aiming at updating working, workmanship, production, and quality methods.
- Manufacturing 3 horizontal double-suction cooling water electro pumps, with the capacity of 2350 CM/h and 50 m height in Dubai, ordered by petrochemical products company.
- Manufacturing 4 electro pumps for supply water pipelines in Isfahan, ordered by Isfahan Regional Water
- Manufacturing 96 firefighting packages (Diesel and Electro pumps); HG1150.500 and HG2 150.400 models underNFPA 20 standard forIran Oil Pipelines and Telecommunications Companies, with the capacity of 300 and 400CM/hand 120 m height.
- Manufacturing 14 firefighting pumpsin accordance with NFPA 20 standard for Bandar AbbasIsfahan oil product transmission project
- Manufacturing 57 processing pumps and 2firefighting pumps for Shazand refinery in Arak.
- Manufacturing 40 processing pumps for Lavan refinery
- Manufacturing130 processing pumps in accordance with API 610 standard for Kala Naft Co. Tehran (Oil Products Co.)
- Producing and supplying 60 centrifugal and inject-processing pumps for the comparative engineering project in Tehran refinery.
- Producing 11vertical centrifugal electro pumps (VS4 Type) for Bandar Abbas-Isfahan oil product transmission project.
- Manufacturing 8 vertical linear pumps(OH3 type in accordance of API610 standard) ordered by South Oil National Company.
- Manufacturing Duplex and Super Duplex processing pumps in accordance of API610 standard for desalination projects of South Oil National Company , including those of KoranjParsi , Labsefid , Gachsaran , Masjid soleiman , Haftgol , BiBihakimeh , etc…
Having established an R& D department besides the productive operations, the company has developed software required to run numbers of research projects with the cooperation of academic centers such as University of Tehran. That is why the company nowadays is able to design and produce the pumps clients need for different applications. The company is also running a lot of other projects relying on reverse engineering aiming at transmitting technical knowledge and technology to the country. Some
of the most significant actions taken go as follows:
- Signing memorandums of understanding and cooperation agreements with reputable international companies in Western Europe, particularly for process pumps, boiler field pumps, and high capacity pumps up to 20,000 cubic meters per hour.
- Purchasing technical knowledge of producing processing, water, and firefighting pumps in accordance with API, ISO and NFPA standards of reputable European companies
- Purchasing technical knowledge of producing low and mid capacity water turbines from reputable European companies